Friday 15 June 2012

Week-10_Reflections & Final Reflection...!!!


Greetings..!!!

The week-10 also has been quite insightful and enriching due to the tasks, readings and the completion of the project. It was a bit busy, too as we are at the completion of the Course. In fact, it has been a short week, as well due to its deadline on Friday.

1. The very first task was on giving advice to the future participants. It was a bit challenging initially as I had to reflect on the processes that I involved in doing the course. Having reflected on the same, then it was easy and I could give some advice to the future participants.
It was a different type of experience as I have done such task for the first time. I really appreciate the idea of connecting each term participants with such tasks and that too through their learning value and experiences.

2. The second task was on reading the LoTI Freamework and taking the survey. It was interesting to do this task and evaluate oneself through the descriptors given. And writing on Nicenet about where we are and where we will be was a quite reflective exercise. This could help me analyze my teaching context and think about the other ways in which technology can be integrated more through various types of tools.

3. The third task was on writing the final reflection on the blog. 

Here is my final reflection : I think almost all the topics and tools were quite relevant and useful for me and my students. Some of them were new for me and some of them I already used, still the experience of using them has added to my insights. To my mind, considering the objective of this course, we had enough tools and tasks related to it. In fact, I have implemented PBL before this course, but during this course, there was a bit different type of procedure along with the steps involved in it. So, overall it has been an insightful and enriching experience for me. Hope I can use these learnt tools maximum in my class and help students grow. The tools like Webquests, Rubistar, ANVILL, the tools for designing various types of texts and so on will be quite useful to me in the days to come.  

It was interesting to think and reflect for the last ten weeks and share what I learnt and about the tools that I can use in my class, their relevance etc. I could not write everything as we have done so many tasks and used so many tools that can help us in our teaching contexts. However, I could recall some and write about them.

The interaction with the friends has, indeed, been quite enriching and useful. Hope the same for all.

Thanks.
Mohini

2 comments:

  1. Hello Mohini,
    I am just stopping by to say that you are impressive.
    Your comments and everything you do are very professional.
    I am glad to have had the chance to work with you during this class.
    Looking forward to know more about how you are applying technology into teaching.
    Warm regards,
    Aida

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Mohini:

    I’m Hsu-Wan Chen from Taiwan, a graduate school student at National Taiwan Normal University. Currently I’m writing my master thesis which is entitled Applying Social Networking Sites to Teaching and Learning: from Teachers’ Perspective. Right now I’m looking for school teachers to be interviewed with their experiences of using social networking sites for educational purpose. If it is so, I would like to have a skype interview with you. Surely I will send you the interview protocol in advance and the interview will take about 20 minutes. Please feel free to contact me at: chenshuwan@gmail.com. I really appreciate for your help!

    Regards,
    Hsu-Wan Chen

    ReplyDelete